We are a Methodist Church serving the communities of Four Oaks and Mere Green in Sutton Coldfield in the West Midlands.
You are assured of a warm welcome if you join us for any of our services and events. There are directions and details of how to find us on the For Visitors page and if you may need any help to join us do please contact the office.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience whilst our building project is going ahead and check for news on the Building Work page.
The builders are letting us take pictures of the work every so often and we'll put those on our Facebook page,so visit us there to see what's been going on.
Revd Stephen Froggatt and Deacon Marilyn Slowe have pastoral responsibility for our church. Stephen also has pastoral charge of Blackwood and Kingsbury churches, and Marilyn ministers to Blackwood church as well as Four Oaks.
In the Autumn we began our huge building project. Check out the Building Work page for the latest news on that. We can start to see real change on site now, and to plan for the commissioning of our new facilities on 1 September, but we apologise that until the works are finished many regular events and facilities will be disrupted. The warmth of our welcome is undimmed by the works though, and, as Deacon Marilyn mentions in her letter, we have found a way to continue most of our activities.
March is busy with Lent, with the month ending with Holy Week and the Easter services (see the worship page). Part of our preparation for Easter will be the annual Lent course - this year there are opportunities to join the course at three different times of the day and three locations so we hope lots of people can take part. Details are on the News page.
As well as the special services around Holy Week, we hope you can join us for some of the other services during March, such as on Mothering Sunday on 11 March and the Circuit Service at Kingstanding Church on 18 March. There's a chance to cheer on the circuit cyclists that afternoon too as they make their way around all 13 churches in Sutton Park Circuit.
You can also find out lots more about what our church family is involved with in our monthly magazine, The Messenger, which has lots more than than we could fit onto the website. You can pick up a copy in church, or contact the office to be posted a copy, or just email the website and we can send you a pdf.
In the March edition you can find:
- advertising for the Circuit event Celebrating God's Kingdom on 22 April (see our News page too)
- details of the Easter services
- information about being a member of the Methodist Church and what that means, including answers to some common questions
- an article about the circuit bike riders, raising money on 18 March (see their justgiving page)
- an invitation to the Annual General Church Meeting on 15 April and some other "business news" from the February church council meeting
- advance notice of the dedication and thanksgiving of our new premises which will be in 1 September
- news from around the Methodist world (the Connexion)
- a piece from the Methodist Recorder about the perceived dangers of hot drinks like tea and coffee - seen as quite a menace in John Wesley's day!
- articles from some of our members including these:
- Deacon Phyllis Thorne shares an insight into what really matters in our church, from her unaccustomed position as the receiver of some pastoral care rather than a stalwart of its provision
- Mr Peter Cashmore, who is not only a preacher but also the caretaker at our church writes about a holistic ministry, caring for the whole person or community
- Revd Dr John Taylor looks at the role of music in Methodist teaching and evangelism, not so much as a part of heritage (as it surely is) but for today and for the future
Did you know you can make a donation to our work in church and in our local community just by sending a text message? See the Giving Page for details.