We are a Methodist Church serving the communities of Four Oaks and Mere Green in Sutton Coldfield in the West Midlands.
You are assured of a warm welcome if you join us for any of our services and events. There are directions and details of how to find us on the For Visitors page and if you may need any help to join us do please contact the office.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience whilst our building project is going ahead and check for news on the Building Work page.
The builders are letting us take pictures of the work every so often. We'll put some on our Facebook page, so visit us there to see what's been going on.
Revd Stephen Froggatt and Deacon Marilyn Slowe have pastoral responsibility for our church. Stephen also has pastoral charge of Blackwood and Kingsbury churches; Marilyn ministers to Blackwood church as well as Four Oaks.
In the Autumn we began our huge building project. Check out the Building Work page for the latest news on that. The work we had done in the church itself during May is finished now and we can worship and meet in the church itself again, as we count down the weeks until the community rooms are finished. The external work to the building is mostly finished now, with a swarm of electricians and other tradesmen engaged in finishing everything off.
During June, we have a number of special events. On 3 June we take our church literally outside the walls to encourage, sing, applaud, serenade and serve the Fun Runners as they stream past, this year as a designated water station. June 10 is MHA Sunday, with an opportunity to remember the work of MHA, which marks its 75th anniversary this year and now runs 90 care homes, 72 retirement living communities and 61 Live At Home schemes. That same evening we will be at South Parade Service for a circuit service celebrating the the music of Graham Kendrick.
You can also find out lots more about what our church family is involved with in our monthly magazine, The Messenger, which has lots more than than we could fit onto the website. You can pick up a copy in church, or contact the office to be posted a copy, or just email the website and we can send you a pdf.
In the June edition you can find:
- advertising for the grand re-opening of our community rooms and halls on 1 September and some pictures of how the new rooms are progressing
- information about MHA
- invitations to some of the events featured on the News page
- pictures of our Chocolate Outreach to the commuters of Four Oaks on 24 April and our Sunday Morning Service on the Lawn for Pentecost on 20 May
- a reminder of how extensive our church is with reports from Germany, Fiji, Colombia and Haiti
- a warm welcome to Ben, Natalie, Yvette and Kathleen who all became members of our church on Easter Day
- an invitation to serve the Secretary to Church Council and record of our profound thanks to John who have served in that position so faithfully
- articles from some of our members including these:
- Mrs Maggie Carrington tells us about the activities of the Ladies Friendship Group
- Maggie joins with other leaders to tell us of an intrepid three-hour hike undertaken recently by the Beavers, the youngest of our Scouting groups
- Revd Dr John Taylor encourages worship leaders to give thought to the blessing of the offering, and issues a plea for us not to forsake the beautiful poetic language of traditional liturgy